Carp Fishing Holidays in France with Accommodation.
Lac Charmant has an impressive stock of big carp with roughly fifty 50’s, six 60’s and three 70lb+ carp.
Facilities & Information
Lac Charmant is an established big fish venue near the city of Limoges in southwest-central France. With an average depth of 6ft across 10 acres of water and 6 anglers typically during any given week with 8 spacious swims, you’ve got plenty of water to go at.
When the owner initially purchased the lake there was an estimated stock of 400 to 600 fish, including a mixture of mirrors, commons, leathers, linear and fully scaled carp. Some of the smaller carp under 35lb were removed and it’s fair to say the growth rates of the remaining stock have rocketed! The carp now have an impressive average weight of 40lb+, which is testament to Jim’s fishery management skills.
The facilities include constant hot water and two modern shower and toilet blocks. The bait freezer, electric, drinks cooler, microwave, electric kettle, and cutlery are all located in the anglers shed. On the rare occasion you’re struggling to get a bite you can always ask the advice of the fishery manager, who’s on site 24/7.
Within a very short distance is the village of Dournazac, offering a break from the fishing, shops for everyday basic needs and lots of beautiful places to visit.
On site we have two 4 berth caravans with internet basic Sky TV and Kodi boxes for films.
The food package not available at Lac Charmant. The local supermarket, bakery and local town are only a couple of miles away from the lake.
A daily delivery of baguettes, croissants and pain au chocolat can also be arranged with the local bakery.
Tackle & Bait
Tackle Hire (Prices per week)
- Bivvies €50.00
- Bedchairs €40.00
- Guest chairs €20.00
- Rods €50.00
- Rod pods €15.00
- Scales/Tripod €10.00
- Tables €5.00
- Boilies €8.00 per kg
Additional tackle hire, bait, food packages, accomodation and airport transfers are to be discussed prior to your arrival.
Map & Directions
Lac Charmant is approximately 5hrs 20 minutes from the port of Caen, 7hrs 20 minutes drive from the port of Calais or, if you prefer to fly, 40 minutes drive from Limoges
Airport. We’re happy to arrange airport transfers where required.
Rules and conditions are for the safety and enjoyment of the anglers and the well-being of the fish. Our fish are like our babies and we will be very strict.
1. It is compulsory to scan all fish and record the last five numbers wherever possible, If for any reason you cannot do this please contact management. You must also call any of us 24/7 if you catch anything over 50lb.
2. Barbless hooks only, no crushed barbs.
3. No bent hooks of any kind.
4. There is a boat on site it is not for personal use in case of emergency please talk to manager.
5. No nuts (peanuts, tigers etc.) cars will be checked if nuts are found you will be asked to leave.
6. No lead or braided mainline.
7. Maximum 15lb bs line. (MAXIMUM NOT MINIMUM )
8. Strictly no sacking of fish.
9. All fish must be weighed and photographed in the water andreleased as soon as possible.
10. The use medicarp or similar is compulsory.
11. Rods must be attended at all times.(Management will explain this.)
12. Bait boats allowed with the discretion of the bailiff or site Manager.
13. ONLY particles purchased on site may be used.
14. Under no circumstances are fish to be held upright on the mat
15. Safe rigs please, think of FISH WELFARE at all times. (Bailiff may check rigs at any time)
16. Rig tubing must be used.
17. Controlled alcoholic drinking and Gentlemanly conduct is expected and required. Drugs are not allowed.
18. 3 rods maximum per angler per peg.
19. Arrival is Saturday 12.00 pm. Departure from swim on Saturday is 10am. 20. Use of livebait is forbidden except if it is caught from our lake due to possible cross contamination of disease.
21. Children under 16 do not fish, Under 18s must have adult supervision at all times.
22. No shelf life bait, only fresh.
23. The peg beside the house is out of bounds and private but can be fished at anytime (even if you have lake exclusive) by the owner or family. But if the owner is not on site it maybe fished with the consent of the Manager. Also disabled anglers may be allowed to fish it .
24. All rubbish must be separated and put in the bins provided again this will be explained.
25. Please do not use the bushes as a toilet at peg 8/9 we check this every time once a group has departed ,and pick up your cigarette ends ,we get sick of picking them up after some people. 26. No artificial baits of any kind. Fake maize etc
27. All nets must be dry before use. 28.Absolutely no swimming please. 29. A lot of new 60s are coming out lately if you catch one and it does not have a name we will let you name it .
PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU SNAP OFF (IT HAPPENS TO US ALL) .FISH SAFTEY IS MOST IMPORTANT. NO PRE-BOOKING OF PEGS, LOTS WILL BE DRAWN IF AGREEMENT CANNOT BE OBTAINED
BUT IF YOU BOOK A CARAVAN YOU CAN FISH THE PEG ASSOCIATED WITH IT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CO-OPERATON
And good luck.
Rules may be subject to change. Please check you fully understand the rules prior to fishing.
Booking & Prices
Bookings are from Saturday (12pm) until the following Saturday (10am).
Prices start from £325 per person.
To check availability or for booking information complete the form below: