Terms And Conditions
1) Carp Social (CS) are acting as booking agents for the fishing, travel & accommodation providers.
2) On receipt by us of your deposit we will reserve your holiday with your chosen venue. The deposit is accepted as part payment towards the total cost of the holiday.
3) Your booking is taken to be confirmed and accepted, in respect of all persons travelling, when the invoice is dispatched to the person who has organised the booking (the Lead Booker) confirming the booking. The Lead Booker accepts these Terms & Conditions on behalf of their party.
4) The Lead Booker undertakes to supply us with full details (name, address, contact numbers & age if below 16) of everyone in their party and the Lead Booker must be at least 18 years old.
5) The Lead Booker confirms that he/she has the authority of all other persons included in the holiday to make the booking on their behalf and that he/she has read and accepted these booking terms and conditions. All bookings and departure dates are confirmed to (and all correspondence will be with) the Lead Booker. The Lead Booker is liable for all costs and charges on behalf of their party.
(a) The balance of the cost of the holiday less any deposit paid must be paid no later than 10 weeks before departure (the “balance due date”). If you book within 10 weeks of departure you must pay the total cost of your holiday at the time of booking.
(b) If payment of the balance in cleared funds is not received by us by the balance due date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking, forfeit any deposit made and levy a cancellation charge as though there had been a cancellation in accordance with paragraph 7.
7) In the event you cancel your confirmed booking, it can only be accepted if it is in writing from the Lead Booker, and the following cancellation charges will apply:
Period Before Departure – Cancellation Charge
More than 70 days – 50% of total cost of booking
Less than 70 days – 100% of total cost of booking
8) Fluctuations in the currency exchange rate; some of our venues set their prices in Euros. The prices we quote are in £’s and are set on January 1st each year using the £ Sterling to Euro conversion rate at the time. If the exchange rate falls by more than 2.5% between the date you booked your holiday and 2 weeks before your departure date you will be required to pay the difference.
9) Prices may be increased or decreased to reflect changes in taxes, including a change to VAT. If in the future, the Government or other regulatory body, introduces a charge or levy for the holidays we sell, CS reserve the right to pass on that charge to you.
10) Whenever possible, any changes to the booking requested after the written confirmation of booking is sent out to you will be accommodated. Dependant upon the nature of the changes, additional costs could be incurred which will be passed onto the Lead Booker.
11) Occasionally CS may have to make changes and we reserve the right to undertake such changes. Most changes are minor, for example a change to a ferry time. In the case of a minor change we will advise you at the earliest possible date but we do not pay compensation. If we have to make a major change, for example a change to an alternative lake, you will have the following options; – Accepting the change of the arrangements or – Cancel with a full refund of all monies paid.
(a) All passport, Visa and Health Certificate requirements are your responsibility and we accept no responsibility for any delay or expense incurred through any irregularity in your documents. All British holidaymakers should ensure that they hold a Full Ten Year British passport with a validity of at least 3 months beyond the travel date. Non British subjects should consult their Embassy for information on possible Visa requirements.
(b) CS & the venue owners reserve the right to immediately terminate the services they are contractually obliged to provide to you if they, their employees or agents, or any other appropriate person in authority in any place or on any vehicle or craft, judge your behaviour to be likely to cause discomfort or harm to other clients or any other person or property. If because of such behaviour you are prevented by our carrier from travelling, our contractual obligations under these conditions will terminate immediately. In either case any appropriate cancellation fee will apply and we will not be liable to you for any refund or compensation for any costs or damage which you may incur.
13) Travel – if CS books your travel arrangements; travel is subject to the conditions and regulations of the carrier published in the timetable, books or other notices of the persons, companies or authorities undertaking such transport. There is no guarantee that you will depart at the times specified, and we do not have any liability to you for any delay that may arise.
14) Force Majeure: We will not be liable for loss or delay occasioned by any of the following: Strikes, Riots, Political Unrest, Hostilities, War or threat of War, Terrorist Activity, Industrial Disputes, Fire, Flood, Technical/Weather problems to transport, Closure of Ports, Weather conditions or any other event(s) beyond our control.
15) CS strongly recommends that you purchase personal travel and vehicle breakdown insurance and does not accept liability for any financial loss incurred as a result of you not so doing.
16) Jurisdiction: Acceptance of these Terms & Conditions constitutes acceptance of a contract on these terms subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
17) Complaints Procedure: In the unlikely event that you or a member of your party has a complaint about your holiday;
(a) Whilst at the venue – the complaint must be notified to the owner / bailiff in the first instance and then CS by telephone. You must give the owners and / or CS a chance to resolve your complaint whilst you are at the venue. If you do not do this your complaint will not be considered as valid on your return to the UK.
(b) On return – unresolved complaints must be sent to CS in writing to 3A Falcon Fields, Fambridge Road, Malcon, Essex CM96YP to within 7 days of your arrival back in the UK.
18) Liability: The venue owners & CS liability except in cases involving death, injury or illness shall be limited to the cost of the holiday as specified on the invoice dispatched to the Lead Booker. We will not be liable where any failure in the performance of the contract is due to you or a third party unconnected with the provision of the travel arrangements and where the failure is unforeseeable or unavoidable; or unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall. Our liability will also be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to
a) The contractual terms of the companies that provide the transportation for your travel arrangements. These terms are incorporated into this contract; and
b) Any relevant international convention, for example the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea, the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limit the amount of compensation that you can claim for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of compensation contained in these or any conventions.
19) Disabled Travellers; our aim is to provide a high level of service to all our customers. However we are not a specialist operator in the field of holidays for the disabled. The majority of the fishing venues and accommodation that we offer is not suitable or equipped for the needs of many disabled people. Therefore if you have any disability we must be informed at the time of booking and we will do our best to help and advise. We cannot be held responsible for any difficulties encountered due to the unsuitability of the facilities.
20) Every venue has Fishery Rules – these must not be broken. If you do break rules the owner may terminate your holiday without compensation.
21) A security deposit may be required when you arrive at a venue. This will be refunded in full subject to deductions for any breakages or extra cleaning costs incurred if the accommodation or swim is left in an unreasonable state. Our venues are well run and we would ask that you leave them in the same clean state as you found them.
22) The use of boats at any of our venues is entirely at your own risk. Boat hire or loan is not included in any of our packages. If you wish to use a boat, its loan or hire would be a separate contract between you and the person hiring or loaning the boat. You MUST use a lifejacket and ensure adequate safety precautions are taken at all times.
23) All venues are primarily fishing venues; they are not necessarily suitable for children. Persons taking children are reminded that they do so entirely at their own risk. Adults are responsible for the safety and behaviour of their children. Extra care should always be taken near water.
24) The information you provide, in accordance with The Data Protection Act 1998 and The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016, will be held on CS’s computers (and in other ways) for use by us for the purposes of providing a quotation, delivering a contractual service. This includes passing information about you and the travelling party to our suppliers and may include things such as dietary requirements and you or your travelling party’s physical health.