Carp Fishing Holidays in France.
Le Grand Pierre is situated near the town of Nancy in France which is approximately 5hrs drive from Calais.
Just a stones throw away from the river Moselle, this picturesque 30 acre gin clear gravel pit holds many carp. In 2021 the fishery was stocked with 1000kg of carp with an average weight of 30lb – 45lb. In the past this fishery has held carp to 40lb, 50lb, 60lb up to 76lb+, although the current largest resident is unknown.
Le Grand Pierre has approximately 20 pegs on the lake. Each swim has enough space for a bivvy with overwrapp, a concrete bench which is perfect for cooking, tying rigs and socialising. There’s also a sturdy weighing hook provided to help you weigh these humongous French carp should you be lucky enough to catch.
Facilities & Information
On site you’ll find a cabin, toilet, warm shower, secure parking, sockets for recharging batteries, freezer facilities and one of the best food packages available in France!
There is easy vehicle access all around the lake which makes the task of setting up or changing swims that little bit easier.
When you arrive at Le Grande Pierre you will meet the owner of the lake. The draw for swims is on Saturday at 13:00 (French time).
The food package is currently unavailable.
The food package is €150 per person and is available from Saturday – Saturday. This includes an English style breakfast and evening meal. Breakfast, tea and coffee are all served in the cabin and your evening meal with drinks are delivered to your swim.
2x Sausages, 2x eggs, 2x rashers bacon, beans and tomatoes
Bread, butter, tea, coffee & orange juice
Saturday: Cold meats as starter – Spaghetti bolognese for main – Cheese with banana for desert
Sunday: Chicken leg, rice with peas and carrots for main – Cheese cone for desert
Monday: Quiche to start – Pork chop, mashed potatoes and green beans for main – Cheese, chocolate mousse for desert
Tuesday: Beef burger, chips and vegetables for main – Cheese, ice cream for desert
Wednesday: Ham, chicken breast, cauliflower, sauté potatoes for main – Cheese, fruit cocktail for desert
Thursday: Cold meats to start – Shepherd’s pie for main – Cheese and yogurt for desert
Friday: Crudités (tomato, boiled eggs, mayo etc) to start – Merguez Sausage, chicken, chips and green beans for main course – Cheese. Ice cream with chantilly cream for desert
All breakfast and evening meals are served with a warm french bread stick.
If there are any evening meals you don’t like then speak with the lake owner’s in advance and they will cook Steak and Chips, or Chicken and Chips as a substitute.
Drinks such as beer, coke or water are included with your evening meal. Packs of beer and bottled water are available to order. It is not advisable to drink the tap water.
Map & Directions
Here are the directions to Le Grand Pierre from Calais.
- Swimming is prohibited.
- Boats are prohibited.
- Bait boats are authorised.
- A maximum of three rods 3 per angler.
- Baited rods must not be left unattended.
- Visitors are authorised on request and are permitted to visit between 10am to 6pm. Two guests non fishing guests maximum.
- Booking reservations of 48 hours or more will take priority over those of 24 hours.
- Pets to be kept on a lead.
- Alcohol is to be consumed in moderation. Alcohol abuse will not be tolerated and will result in you being asked to leave the fishery without compensation.
- A large unhooking mat, carp cradle, large weigh sling, 42inch landing net, water bucket, carp clinic (or similar) is required.
- No Kill fishery. All fish are to be returned to the fishery alive.
- Night lighting should be moderate.
- Strictly no vehicle movement from 10pm to 6am
- Fires are prohibited.
- Take your rubbish home with you. (Waste, Cigarette butt, Hooks, Line etc…)
- The fishery reserves the right to modify or adapt the rules depending on unpredictable events that could affect the safety of participants.
- Non compliance with the rules will result in you being asked to leave the fishery without compensation.
- The fishery disclaims any responsibility in the event of theft, loss, breakage or damage to personal property.
Rules may be subject to change. Please check you fully understand the rules prior to fishing.
Booking & Prices
Prices start from £350 per person. This is paid in two instalments.
- A 25% deposit (non refundable) is payable within 7 days of booking.
- The remaining balance is payed 10 weeks before your holiday date.
Bookings run from Saturday 13:00 – Saturday 10:00.
To check availability or for booking information complete the form below: